Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dairy of a dieter...prep day for the GM diet

I weighed myself after a nice holiday at home and discovered that I weighed a whopping er.... ahem, well let me just say that I am pretty large. So I decided that it is high time I do something about it, again. People who know me will roll their eyes cos they know that I have these ridiculous ideas from time to time. The last time I had a similar bout of enthusiasm about losing weight, I stuck it out for a decent amount of time. A month and a half of swimming 18 laps at least four days a week. The change was just beginning to be discernible when I broke it off as I had a vacation coming up.

Anyways, I am now determined to lose a few (quite a few) pounds. So I am starting this new diet in the hopes of kick starting my system into metabolising more. I heard a lot of good stuff about the GM diet or the Cabbage soup diet. I mean, you can gorge on fruits and veggies to your hearts content and no starving. And it lasts only for a week. As my friends will happily and very truthfully tell you, I probably would not even last for a day - I am a notorious foodie. Anyways, I am hoping that I will be halfway successful this time around - and by halfway successful, I mean at least last three out of seven days of the diet.

This is "diary" is in the hopes that since I am on a diet, I might be able to stick it out if I turn it into a sort of an experiment and blog through my experience. Tomorrow is the first day. Wish me luck.

No comments: